I agree, I don't like doing things twice ;)

One question about SNAPSHOT, when you decide to increase version number
should it be:
<currentVersion>new.version.number-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>

This generates artifactId + version + snapshot info.
Is this ok or should be artifactId + snapshot info?

Thanks

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruņa, Spain

Oness Project