I'll answer the specific questions inline, but to give you some focus - you don't need to know how Maven uses Jelly to be able to use Jelly. You are probably only interested in how Jelly is built with Maven.

A Leg wrote:

Hi

I am looking to work on patches for JellySwt to be able to use it.

T do that I try to understand how Maven and Jelly interact.

Maven use jelly to process some Xml tags

In a fashion, yes

and Jelly use Maven to be compiled.

Yes, and I think that is really all you need to be concerned with for what you are trying to do (if I understand what you are trying to do :) .

I looked in Maven code (very nice).

And I arrived to JellyScriptHousing.java.
I saw that in fact parsing is done by a SAXParser.

This is for the initial caching as it is faster. Later on, runScript is called.

My question is : where script variable is used ?

plugin manager

It is somewhere the key to understand how jelly scripts are used by Maven.
Plus I plan next to use jellySwt tags from our java project and Maven code is a very good example.

I think there are plenty of examples on the jelly sites, or just in the maven plugins to get you going here.

Thanks

Andre