There is no way the test resources should be in src/conf. It should be discouraged (although not broken :)

That said, I think the current fix is correct.

- Brett

Eric Pugh wrote:

Hi all,

A while ago some patches where made that allowed the <resources/> elements
to be added to the Eclipse .classpath.  This looked good, and I committed
it.  However, as I have gone on with more testing, I think this needs to be
reworked.

What happens is right now the resources for the regular java files and in
the <unitTest> section are duplicated...  This can lead to a situation where
you import the same path twice.  For example, in the below (trimmed)
section, I want to copy some resources always, and a log4j.properties when
running unit tests:

<build>
       <unitTest>
           <resources>
               <resource>
                   <directory>src/conf</directory>
                   <targetPath>/</targetPath>
                   <includes>
                       <include>test.avalonconf.xml</include>
                   </includes>
                   <filtering>false</filtering>
               </resource>
               <resource>
                   <includes>
                       <include>log4j.properties</include>
                   </includes>
                   <filtering>false</filtering>
               </resource>
           </resources>
       </unitTest>
       <resources>
           <resource>
               <directory>src/conf</directory>
               <targetPath>/</targetPath>
               <includes>
                   <include>hibernate.hbm.xml</include>
                   <include>ehcache.xml</include>
               </includes>
               <filtering>false</filtering>
           </resource>
       </resources>
   </build>

However, because they both go from src/conf to /, this causes two records to
be created in Eclipse.  I think, what needs to done is that a map of all the
possible sources needs to be made, and then we aggreagate together all the
changes.  However, this is a pretty big change, and I've not got the time
for it right now, but I'll be happy to help.

Also, we where not properly dealing with includes and excludes either..  I
added that.

Because this change can break things, I've added an extra check.  If
maven.eclipse.addResources=true in your project.properties, then the
existing logic will occur.  By default this is turned off so we don't start
breaking everybodies builds.

Eric Pugh