On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 15:03, Brett Porter wrote:
> Actually, it will, because it starts with a number :)
>
> I'm not particularly happy with the property syntax for JAR overrides
> and its dual meaning, but something that can be rectified later.

I think it would be perfectly fine to only allow the specification of a
property that indicated a version. All artifacts then must be present in
a repository and not in some random place in the filesystem. That hack
was added for whacky jakarta commons usage and I would be more than
happy to see it go away.

> - Brett
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 23:07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> >>brett       2004/12/03 23:07:08
> >>
> >>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/maven Tag: MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH
> >>                        ArtifactListBuilder.java
> >>  Log:
> >>  has to match exactly, as a path can contain SNAPSHOT
> >>

> >Then determine whether the property is for a path or version because
> >what you've changed won't allow 1.1-SNAPSHOT as a version which is what
> >we've decided we're going to allow.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]