If it works for you and you find it resonable - you can surly use it for
your intranet repo.
"/" in groupIds should work with both m1 and m2.
m2 gives you also the possibility of using "." as separators in paths (they
are replaced by "/" to construct valid paths for wagon)
but I personally find it less natural then "/" which should also work.

The aspect what should be used as groupId and how it affects repository
layout was really never standarized.
You can expect that sooner or later this will happen and also the layout for
sun jars even if they wont be in the repository
will be standarized (correposnding poms can be deployed to the repository
even in jars are missing)

Probably repository paths will contain segments corresponding to
organizationId, groupId, version and artifactId.
Both organzationId and groupId will be specified by the single <groupId>
attribute of dependecy and both can be mulilevel.

I'd love to see something like this as groupId:
www.foo.com/project/subproject/subsubproject/myArtifact/0.15/myArtifact-0.15
.jar
but most likly it will be something else.

> What about wagon way to do it for maven next releases ?

It was never cleary communicated what wagon is.
Wagon provides generic, protocol independent transfer layer and nothing
more. Mapping between attributes of dependencies and repository paths
is implemented in maven core and is out of the scope of wagon. Wagon just
works with paths (urls) and "/" is used as separator. Generation of those
paths requires very arbitraty decison how to make a mapping.

michal