Joachim Schreiber wrote:

From: Michal Maczka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

AFAIK the only limitation which exists in eclipse is that project
directories cannot overlap.

Yes

So you should be able to import to eclipse all projects, which contain
java sources and are "leaves" in the directory tree.
So in you case you can create eclipse projects for "my-app" and "my-
webapp"

Ok I do this and...

eclipse_workspcae
+- my-app
|  +- pom.xml
+- my-webapp
|  +- pom.xml

...I have no root project for my root pom.xml because the root is the workspace and there is no possibility to check out something from inside eclipse in the workspace.

Do I misunderstand?

Last time I did two ~ months ago as I am using different ide more often so sorry if my memory is playing tricks:

I used "import" feature to import existing projects into the workspace. So afaik you can keep your projects where ever you want
and just "virtually" add them to any workspace.
I used one of the milestones builds of eclipse 3.1. I don't know if this is something new for eclipse 3.1 or if it works also for 3.0

michal