On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 14:21 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Maven 1.1 will only support JDK 1.4. I say we bit the bullet all round.
> 1.3 has started EOL anyway.

I agree.

> You obviously got by - I see you got the JARs up to ibiblio.

The process stopped on the site uploading.

>  If you feel additions to the documentation is needed - go ahead and make
> them :)

I will pass this time - I'm really lacking the time for such task right
now.

> I have an additional problem with this release - I can't seem to find a
> vote on it.

That's right, there wasn't (see more below).

> I'm aware yourself and Vincent are probably the only ones
> working on it, because of Cactus' reliance on it, but I'm really trying

Kind of. Actually, just Vincent worked on 1.6 and Cargo doesn't depend
on it, it's Cactus who does (in fact, Cactus 1.7.1 depends on EJB 1.6
and Cargo 0.5).

> to push recently to open up development so that anyone interested can
> participate. Please vote next time around.

Ok, sorry. But I think the voting process for plugins has been fading
away. In fact, last time I did a release I asked the list about the
process and got this answer:

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 10:51 +0100, Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

On the other hand, the http://maven.apache.org/developers/making-releases.html
states a vote should be cast:

Q: Who decides when a plugin can be released?

A: The lead developer of a plugin has the responsibility for making sure
releases happen, but must first hold a vote on the Maven Developer list
before cutting the release. The vote should detail the changes made and
confirm that the testing has been performed and that there is no pending
work that should hold up the release.

So, long story short, the process is well defined, but we haven't been
careful about following it (hopefully we will after these last emails
thread :-).

[]s,

-- Felipe