Brett Porter wrote:
Please vote on demoting the following plugins. They will be moved back to the sandbox, and will not be distributed with Maven 1.1. Any with no open bugs in JIRA will have their project deleted (we should work on a server side solution to toss all the others into a sandbox bug project and delete them too).

Docs will be added to the backwards compat page explaining how you get the old releases, and what to do if you want to revive its development. An RFC will be sent to the user list first too.

A single +1 indicates agreement to all of the below. Otherwise, please +1, -1 the individually. Any -1's will prevent that plugin from being demoted until we can resolve the issue. The vote is open until it is no longer Monday 13th in your part of the world.

+1

Emmanuel

no outstanding issues:
ashkelon - unmaintained, no idea if it works
wizard - doesn't work
vdoclet - only used by tasklist, will fold it into that
tjdo - no maintainer
shell - no maintainer

outstanding issues, but nothing that requires being kept:
appserver - out of date, no maintainer
webserver - out of date, no maintainer
aspectwerkz - no maintainer, out of date
caller - never used
struts - out of date, not being maintained

outstanding issues - bugs & feature requests:
docbook - superseded by the SF one, I believe
javacc - experimental at best, no maintainer
jdee - no idea how to test it, no maintainer
jdeveloper - no maintainer
junitdoclet - no maintainer
latex - not being maintained
latka - not being maintained

Not to be removed now, but to get merged and removed by the final 1.1 release:
- repository - not being maintained (move upload-bundle to artifact plugin)
- release - moved used functionality to SCM plugin
- j2ee - depended on by struts and ear, move the tag into ear

Borderline (not included in this vote, but likely to be culled in future if they don't get fixed and nobody volunteers):
- jbuilder (not of same level as other IDE plugins)
- jcoverage (replaced by Corbetura)
- jira - not working, no maintainer?
- simian - not being maintained
- jdiff - not being maintained