+1

This is a step in the right direction. These plugins can be revived if
someone is willing to maintain them, and presently they drag down the
perceived value of maven plugins as a whole. I know that in times past
I've been reluctant to try new plugins based on the mess that some other
plugins were (*cough* xdoclet *cough*). If this comes with a criteria
for inclusion of plugin projects (or at least a confidence rating about
the plugin's stability), I think we'll hit a point where people (like
me) are confident that they will be able to actually use the plugins
that are out there...

- -john