On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 14:25 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Is it possible we could give the API a once over before we try to grow it?
>
> Mike Esler previously talked about changing the API to be more use case
> driven:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-scm-dev/200505.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-scm-dev/200505.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> (read the threads, in particular Jason's reply to the latter about
> dropping the Manager)
>
> I think we could fairly quickly come up with a set of ideal interfaces,
> then start talking about how to add things like this. We don't need to
> do a big change to the API immediately, but start pushing it in the
> direction of the final design.
>
> Thoughts?

One thing for sure is the provider interface needs to have the methods
that the manager has right now and the manager can be pushed off to
another build.

Reforming the API with folks now on the list with experience outside our
predominantly CVS/SVN view would definitely be good along with the
suggestion of Mike.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.