Hi,

Lowery, Mat wrote:

>My team is using Rational ClearCase and we'd like to switch from Ant to
>Maven as our project management tool.  According to Jira key MPSCM-55,
>ClearCase support is not quite ready.  I'd like to take a stab at
>finishing and/or testing the ClearCase support.  How can I become
>involved?

That's great!

Ok, moving forward, we are adding all support and tests to Maven SCM:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/scm/trunk/

We should discuss this on scm-dev@maven.apache.org (a list dedicated to
this and a lot lower in traffic). You can subscribe with
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

There has been some discussion in the past about possibly changing the
API to better suit other providers, so we can also discuss that there.

Maven 1 and Maven 2's SCM plugins and Continuum use Maven SCM for all
their tasks. So once that provider does all the operations they need,
they will work for you. Maven 1 and Maven 2 also have a changelog report
- this currently uses it's own set of code that we need to migrate to
using Maven SCM.

That's about all there is too it.

>Also, can someone tell me how "SCM Wagon" is related?

This was a prototype I built for being able to access a repository of
artifacts stored in an SCM. I believe we need to work on the SCM API
some more to make this practical. There has also been some previous
discussion on this - we're just searching for some time and helpers to
get stuck into it :)

Cheers,
Brett