Andreas Sahlbach wrote:

Because if you cannot provide this, then I really have to assume that,
if I will use maven2 for my projects then I will end up in the same
mess like you. And that's something that every professional software
developer should try to avoid like hell.

Luckily those problems do not carry over to projects that are build by maven. It's just the matter of being consistent and using _your_ version numbers and SCM tags right.

R.