> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 07:39 +0200, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> > +1 for me.
> >
> > I think I don't have the needed rights to begin to move
> some docs from
> > m1 to m2 but if you need my help for something else .. Let me know.
>
> I think having access to move the doco around would be fine.
> How about we give access to Arnaud so we can do a final transition?
>
> +1

+1 :-)

> > For the links in m1 I can use the same as in m2 but :
> > - I would like to keep the access to the pdf documentation
> (where can
> > we place it?)
> > - I often use the quick link to maven plugins. It will be
> annoying (for me) to loose it.
>
> I think you know the m1 stuff better then anyone so whatever
> you feel is best.

Ok.
Breadcrumbs aren't supported in m2 ?
I find this very useful to navigate in the site ?
Is it planned to support them ?

> I have tried to move everything over but there may be things
> that I've missed. The articles, conventions and the rest of
> the general content I did tried to move over but the
> navigation could be improved to help with it.

I didn't find articles in m2 site ? Is it already published ?

> I've also chatted with Vincent about making the documentation
> easier to navigate and I would like the same format to carry
> over in all the
> sites:
>
> o the links
> o format and structure of the right nav
> o easy to navigate documentation page
> o standard for linking documents together (for example in
> guides where the settings are referenced a link back to the
> modello documentation)
>
> All of this begs the question, how do you share this stuff
> across many sites? I'm now cutting and pasting things like
> bits and pieces out of the site.xml. Maybe using Velocity for
> this file as well and using #macros to share the common content.

I'm agree to unify documentations between m1 and m2
I have the same problem, and I did a lot of cut&paste ( :-( very annoying) to
reproduce the navigation...
Using velocity could be a good idea.

> At any rate if you would like to work together that would be
> great, I think the site and documentation should be one of
> our highest priorities as it eases our burden on the mailing
> list by being able to answer questions by providing a set of URLs.

Ok for me.
With good documentations we'll spend more time on the code instead to reply on
the mailing list...

Arnaud