Wendy,

My patch only fixes the id problem, not the 1.0-1.1 incompatibility (I still haven't got a clue why this happens). You have to add the slashes though, if you can't do it in navigation.xml then you should use a separate pdf_navigation.xml (I would recommend that anyway). However, according to the maven docs [1], the href elements should be absolute even for the xdoc plugin and in a multiproject setup, I think that was the case already in m1.0.

-Lukas

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/using/site.html