John Casey wrote:
> I was planning to release a RC version tonight, but if you think you
> can make improvements in this Doxia two-step we're putting together
> here, I think that is more important than a couple of days' time. I'll
> spend my time in more productive ways - namely, documenting the
> release process I used for 2.0.1, and the pitfalls that I experienced.
Cool. Since you are going on holidays, I'll take up the release duties.
Merry Christmas! :)

> I was simply going through the apis available to any report and making
> them look exactly as they would have if the package hadn't changed.
> For example, the concrete classes became wrappers around the new
> classes from org.apache.maven.doxia.* so that anyone who had cast them
> to the concrete classes passed back would have the same API to code
> against...I know that type of casting is generally a no-no, but I
> wanted to avoid breaking compatibility, even at that level.
>
> Admittedly, this compat layer was done in a fairly quick-and-dirty
> fashion, so whatever you think needs to go, I have no objections...
Unfortunately, I think that we get in a bind here with it being
backwards compat, but not forwards compat (ie you can't upgrade to a
more recent doxia). That's basically what I saw on the site plugin. I'll
take a closer look, but I think we only need the interfaces and will
have to live with the other limitations. I will test it against all the
reports we have released.

- Brett