I have a site report/plugin that holds the common settings (actually all settings), it has the goal report I have for each specific report a subclass of that one that overrides a run() function (the only diffirence) if I use the this in the pom.xml, it uses the specific inputfile but if I do not add <id>X</id> where X is a unique number, it uses the settings of the first time it was called with that number

how can I make that it's not necessary to add <id>unique number</id>?
are there alternatives to calling one "report".java with different settings?
do I need those subclasses

LinguineMapsPlugin extends AbstractMavenReport @goal report
   DtdReport extends LinguineMapsPlugin @goal dtdreport
   WsdlReport extends LinguineMapsPlugin @goal wsdlreport

   <reporting>
       <plugins>
           <plugin>
               <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
               <artifactId>maven-linguine-maps-plugin</artifactId>
               <version>1.0.0-alpha-1</version>
               <reportSets>
                   <reportSet>
                       <reports>
                           <report>wsdlreport</report>
                       </reports>
                       <id>0</id>
                       <configuration>
                           <inputfiles>
                               <inputfile>
src/test/resources/wsdl/reportservice.wsdl
                               </inputfile>
                           </inputfiles>
                           <outputfile>test_wsdl.png</outputfile>
                       </configuration>
                   </reportSet>
                   <reportSet>
                       <reports>
                           <report>dtdreport</report>
                       </reports>
                       <id>1</id>
                       <configuration>
                           <inputfiles>
                               <inputfile>
src/test/resources/dtd/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd
                               </inputfile>
                           </inputfiles>
                           <outputfile>test_dtd.png</outputfile>
                       </configuration>
                   </reportSet>
               </reportSets>
               <configuration>
                   <exefile>
                       C:/Program Files/ATT/Graphviz/bin/dot.exe
                   </exefile>
               </configuration>
           </plugin>
       </plugins>