To: "Maven Developers List" <dev@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Mapping complex object in Mojo Configuration

There is no plexus converter for String -> Class. We should probably
have one, so I'll add it now.

You'll need to use a String and do the forName yourself in the mean time.

- Brett

Rahul Thakur wrote:
Hi,

I am following the mini guide to set up a complex mapping for a Mojo.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html

The POJO that models the complex type for Mojo configuration has a field
'implementation' of type java.lang.Class.

When I run the Mojo, I get an error:
Cause: Cannot assign configuration entry 'implementation' to 'class
java.lang.Class' from 'com.effacy.sample.EffacyTomcatConfiguration',
which is of type class java.lang.String

The Plugin configuration for my Mojo is as follows:
    <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
       <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
            <wait>true</wait>
            <configuration>

<implementation>com.effacy.sample.EffacyTomcatConfiguration</implementation>

               <dir>${project.build.directory}/tomcat5x/container</dir>
               <type>standalone</type>
            </configuration>
       </configuration>
    </plugin>

I am not sure what's wrong here?? I am reproducing the stacktrace below
and would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance,

Rahul

<snip>
Cause: Cannot assign configuration entry 'implementation' to 'class
java.lang.Class' from 'com.effacy.sample.EffacyTomcatConfiguration',
which is of type class java.lang.String
[INFO]

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
configuring: org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin. Reason: Unable to
parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:485)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:455)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)

       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
       at

       at

       at
       at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginConfigurationException: Error
configuring: org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin. Reason: Unable to
parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
       at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1056)

       at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:596)

       at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:410)

       at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:530)

       ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationException:
Cannot assign configuration entry 'implementation' to 'class
java.lang.Class' from 'com.effacy.sample.EffacyTomcatConfiguration',
which is of type class java.lang.String
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationConverter.fromExpression(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:149)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.fromConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:80)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:207)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:137)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.fromConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:90)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:247)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:137)

       at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)

       at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1050)

       ... 19 more
</snip>