Hi Carlos,

[snip]

> +public class SurefireTest extends TestCase {
> +
> +     private boolean setupCalled = false;
> +
> +     protected void setUp() {
> +             setupCalled = true;
> +     }
> +
> +     protected void tearDown() {
> +             // is there a way to tests to see if tearDown was called?
> +     }
> +
> +     public void testSetup() {
> +             assertTrue("Setup was not called", setupCalled);
> +     }
> +
> +}

Maybe you should add the following:

public SurefireTest (String name, String extraName)
{
  super(name);
}

public static Test suite()
{
    TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();
    suite.addTest(new SurefireTest("testSetup", "dummy");
    return suite;
}

This would also validate that surefire supports JUnit test suites (note the
custom onstructor which is important).

This would validate http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-13 (which has
been closed but it didn't fix the suite problem I had).

Thanks
-Vincent