Wendy Smoak wrote:
> Not to mention that it's an interface, so instantiating it would be
> pretty difficult.

Right, though a converter would know to instantiate a useful
implementation using an artifactFactory.

> No problem... though it does seem like duplication, I think because
> DefaultArtifact exists.  But this isn't really _the_ Artifact, it's
> just a container for the properties that will be used to create it.  I
> think.  (First plugin... still trying to figure this all out.)

I actually agree. I'd prefer Artifact to be a bean. It has too much
functionality and indeterminate state right now.

> One more question.  Your factory.createArtifact(...) call is missing
> the 'scope' parameter.  Do I just hard-code it like the type?
>
>         Artifact artifact = factory.createArtifact(
> docletArtifact.getGroupId(),
>            docletArtifact.getArtifactId(),
> docletArtifact.getVersion(), "compile", "jar" );

There are some constants on the Artifact interface you can use for
scope. I think "null" is actually a valid scope here.

> Thanks.  I suppose you're going to want to see a patch after doing all
> this work. :)

Please! :D

- Brett