It might be nice to have a harness which would allow unit testing plugins. The only problem is you have to test the test harness...this is a problem we've run into time and again with all of the test harnesses we have for Maven. I've personally fixed failures based on assumptions in the artifact test harness, the project testing harness, and the PlexusTestCase test harness.

My big worry here is that we'd be building a test harness that didn't accurately reflect reality, or which would have to be manually resynchronized with the reality of Maven as it changes. This may introduce subtle bugs...

Just my 2c.

-john

Jesse McConnell wrote:
I have always kinda figured the rule of thumb regarding tests and artifacts
is unit tests would test anything inside of the artifact and integration
tests would encompass extra-artifact scope testing

and I totally agree, I think unit testing within mojo projects would be a
lot more prelavent with a simple mechanism of bootstraping the plugin
requirements..

jesse