Wayne Fay wrote:

Don't suppose anyone has a method for comparing the contents of two
file system trees? I can extract the class files from their
distribution, build from source myself, and compare the file sizes etc
assuming I can find a simple comparison process.

well I'm not sure what system you are sitting on, bet there exist many different diff applications for either linux and windows

anyway, what I'm using the most for file comparisment is kdiff3 which from according to the site works on amny different linux distros, windows and osx..

http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/