Project Glassfish is currently using multiple build tools including
ant, maven1, etc. Each module has its own method of building. Their m1
"project.xml" for the persistence-api module was called "maven.xml"
and I used it as the basis for my "pom.xml" file. So the CDDL license
etc was just leftover.

As for the SCM connection... I don't currently use SCM in any of my
Maven2 projects, that's all handled offline in other tools for now, so
I took some time and figured it out.. I got a working scm:checkout
just now.

I'll upload this updated persistence-api bundle (includes updated pom,
source, and binary jar) to Jira and wait for more comments from Carlos
et al. Hopefully this bundle is more along the lines of what you were
expecting...

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-759

Wayne