On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

Hi,

see below.

> AFAIK if you use maven 2.0.3 plexus utils 1.1 will be used always in
> the plugins for being in maven install dir.

Nope. surefire itself uses 1.0.5, and my $M2_HOME/core/ contains 1.1.
It used to be that way, though, but now it seems 1.0.5 is used in
the plugin's classpath. When I update surefire to use 1.1, the bug
goes away.

> On 3/24/06, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It's already that version on 2.2-SNAPSHOT

I'm talking about surefire, not the plugin. The surefire trunk version
is currently 1.5.3-SNAPSHOT, containing a dep on 1.0.5.

See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/surefire/trunk/surefire/pom.xml

I tested with maven-surefire-plugin 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT, which has a dep
on surefire 1.5.3-SNAPSHOT.

If you guys want to test: make a unit test that does a System.out.println,
and make surefire run it in forked mode. Look for the output on the
console.

-- Kenney

> > - brett
> >
> > Kenney Westerhof wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In order to fix a bug in surefire where the stdout/stderr is not
> > > shown on the console or in the target/surefire-reports,
> > > we need to update the dep on plexus-utils to 1.1 (currently 1.0.5).
> > >
> > > Since this is a 'major' change, can someone ACK/NAK this?
> > >
> > > -- Kenney

> --
>                              -- The Princess Bride

Kenney Westerhof