Here's an update so far (see below).

Done.

BTW we may need 2 goals: instrument and instrumentAndInstall so that
instrument goes till the "test" phase while instrumentAndInstall goes till
the "install" phase.

> * Create an internal clover mojo bound to the install phase that will
> created a clovered version of the project's artifact as an attached
> artifact
> (classifier = "clover").

Not needed actually.

> * Handle the different type of packaging. For example for a WAR packaging,
> add the clover jar to the attached clovered WAR, etc.

Done automatically as we're adding the clover dep to the list of deps in the
instrument mojo...

> * Modify the clover:instrumentInternal so that for any dependency
> artifact,
> it looks for the clovered version in the repo and adds it instead of the
> non-clovered version.

This is where I'm stuck right now. Not sure how to do this yet. If anyone
knows how to find an attached artifact once you have the main artifact
object that would be nice.

> As this is pretty involved I'd like to be sure this is the right thing to
> do.

Thanks
-Vincent