On 4/12/06, Lukas Theussl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would have put more into beta-4....
>
> There are more issues to resolve in beta-3 now than before... :(

Do you really want a rolling list of betas ala Maven 1.0 ? Remember beta 10
anyone?

>From the Tomcat home page:
"

Almost every Tomcat release is initially released as an Alpha release. After
a week or so of testing a vote is held to gather views on the stability of
the release. If a major issue is identified during testing, then the vote
may not take place and the release will remain as an Alpha release.

Stability is a subjective judgement and you should always read carefully the
release notes for any version you intend to make use of. If you are an early
adopter of a release, we would love to hear your opinion about its stability
as part of the vote: it takes place on the development mailing
list<http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html>
.

*Alpha* releases may contain large amounts of untested/missing functionality
required by the specification and/or signifcant bugs and are not expected to
run stably for any length of time.

*Beta* releases may contain some untested functionlaity and/or a number of
relatively minor bugs. Beta releases are not expected to run stably.

*Stable* releases may contain a small number of relatively minor bugs.
Stable releases are intended for production use and are expected to run
stably for extended periods of time.

"

In this context, I'd call 1.1 beta 2 a 'Stable' release. People are
definitely using it as such. It's (in my mind anyways), v1.1.0.

Since Maven is nothing without the plugins, upgrading those is reason enough
for a new release (1.1.1).

Thoughts?