Hey Kenney,

Did you make any progress on this.

A couple of things about reports definitely need to be sorted out in 2.1 - this is one of them.

- Brett

Kenney Westerhof wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a multi-page report.

The problem is that currently the ReportDocumentRenderer from
maven-site-plugin creates the SiteRendererSink and calls
report.generate(sink,locale).

There's no way to create more SiteRendererSinks within the report,
because those sinks are from a different classloader. You can't use
the SiteRenderer component to create sinks because of the same reason.

The only way I see to support multiple pages for reports without running
into classloading issues is to give a SinkFactory to the MavenReport
instance - a SinkFactory from the maven-reporting-api, if possible,
otherwise from the Doxia api.
I believe that Report plugins should only implement/work with a Maven
reporting api, not with underlying libraries, if possible.
A 'main' sink for the report page could (still) be supplied.

Thoughts?

I'm currently working on a solution in trunk..

-- Kenney