Hi,

When I run maven 1.0.2 under USS and I'm encountering a character set
conversion issue. It outputs some gibberish which when you convert
from ISO8859-1 to IBM-1047 appears to be environment variables. From
what I gather, this happens when you use <property environment> in
maven.xml. It seems that maven expects the environment to be in EBCDIC
and yet it gets converted to ISO8859-1 (possibly due to the
file.encoding parameter) and confuses maven.

I have set the following IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS:

-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859-1 -Dconsole.encoding=IBM-1047 -Xnoargsconversion

Has anyone experienced this problem, or know a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Anuradha