I think the search interface is a great addition but shouldn't be used in
place of a front page.  I would think the front page would have generic
links to areas of information.  Things like:

User: Getting Started
Dev: Getting Started
References (XML xsd/dtds with human readable information for generic xml
files like the pom.xml)
User: Best Practices

Those are just examples that come to mind.  I guess I would like to see the
front page act like a toc of sorts.

Take care,

Jeremy

On 6/16/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 16 Jun 06, at 3:24 PM 16 Jun 06, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Wendy Smoak wrote:
>> On 6/14/06, John Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Basically, I've talked to Brett, Jason, and a few other Maven
>>> developers,
>>> and I think it's time we started making website documentation a
>>> top priority
>>> for Maven.
>> General thoughts -- I never navigate the Maven site, I go straight to
>> Google.  (So +1 for good descriptions on every plugin.)
>
> Me too.
> How about adding a little Google search field on the front page,
> using "site:maven.apache.org"?

So what would you like to see on the front page or do you think the
search interface is what people are now accustomed to?

> <snip>
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Jason van Zyl