From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:06 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: generated plugin documentation: opinions?

I agree with copying the default value into the end of the description.
The reason it isn't in the table as a column is that it is too wide,
usually.

I would leave the expression as just the expression in the latter part as it
is now. We've already agreed this is unclear and will deprecate it in 2.1 in
favour of:

- default-value="..." (always the default, can contain expressions)
- propertyKey="maven.test.skip" (instead of expression ${maven.test.skip},
for allowing properties to configure it from the pom, settings and command
line. Perhaps needs a different name).

I guess we could hack it such that expressions that aren't project.* or
settings.* are treated that way in the document, but let's think some more
about that.

As for the other suggests - I also agree we should have a little summary at
the top that shows the mojo level metadata (@phase, @goal, @execute,
@requiresDependencyResolution).

I also agree we should link to the Javadoc of complex types. However, this
is non-trivial, so let's enter it as a new JIRA issue for now.

Cheers,
Brett