Maybe they've been deploying versions using a normal repository element
instead of defining a snapshot repository and -SNAPSHOT version ?

On 7/2/06, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yeah....Even though in my instance it wasn't what I wanted to happen (not
maven's fault, unrelated local patches..), I have seen definite updates of
SNAPSHOT builds with the same version.

You can pretty easily infer why it works by looking at the timestamp
generated poms from them...