On 4/07/2006 12:49 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi! Brett, can you give some more information about the cleanup script on the server? I found nothing in JIRA. It would be a great help for us if a simple server solution exists.

There isn't anything prepared, but if you do so I'm sure it would be valuable to share. It need only remove files older than the current one (ie, keep metadata files and the latest snapshot).

It's a feature that's been requested for the repository manager too.

Where is the performance problem with the snapshot feature? I can see maven downloads new metadata (once a day, as specified), it should be visible in the metadata that there is a new version on the server, so there are no wasted server roundtrips.

If you use uniqueVersion=false, then the metadata is no longer in play and it has to check if the SNAPSHOT file has changed (using If-Modified-Since). It was doing this far more often than was necessary.

It's been a while since I tinkered with it and don't exactly remember the problem, but I think it's all documented in MNG-1908. We should try and get this fixed in Maven 2.0.5.

Thanks for your patience.

- Brett