I think we need the necessary auditing in the repository manager for this first, but it's worth moving on. I'm trying to get that up and running right now, and writing some internal docs so others can dig in and do stuff like this.

The ideal is actually to have those segments of the repository managed by the projects themselves, of course.

- Brett

On 6/07/2006 2:32 AM, Alexandre Poitras wrote:
+1, really great idea.

On 7/5/06, Mark Hobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 05/07/06, Arik Kfir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A while back I suggested that the Maven team delegate some of the
> reponsibility of maintaining the ibiblio repo to volunteers (as in the linux > equivalent, as Jerome has noted earlier in the thread). Each such voluteer > can maintain a specific area in the repo; so, someone who uses hibernate > frequently can maintain its poms, until the hibernate team agrees to do it
> for us.
>
> The idea was generally accepted by brett, with a slight modification that > volunteers go through a screening process, just like normal commit access is > provisioned (someone who submits enough pom patches will slowly be given
> commit access to ibiblio).
>
> for more info, see
> http://www.nabble.com/critique-of-maven-2.0.2-tf1052845.html#a2738495
>
> perhaps it is time to move this forward?

Definitely +1 to seeing the ibiblio repostory devolving responsibility
to smaller, more managable, repositories - ideally maintained by
developers closer to the hosted projects.

Mark

Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/