Hi, Kenney,

On 7/11/06, Kenney Westerhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is not a maven mojo problem but a plugin design problem. Most
plugins, like the jar plugin and the surefire plugin, to name some,
are rather empty. The jar plugin just extracts information from the
MavenProject, giving it to maven-archiver (plexus-archiver under water),
and later updates the MavenProject with the newly created archive.
The same goes for the surefire plugin.

I am sorry, but in the particular case of the jar plugin, I disagree.

The jar plugin is setting the standards, in terms of configuration, in
terms of defaults, and such things. It is hardly possible to reuse
them.

Take the following example: I want my project to create two jar files.
One with Java 5 classes. The other created by retrotranslator with
Java 1.4 classes. Obviously, I want both jar files to be identical,
the exception being the modified classes. This cannot be done with the
Maven archiver.

Sorry for going into these details, which I would like to avoid. I
just would like to make the point, that even what you consider as
"rather empty" might be worth reusing.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.