Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Brett Porter wrote:

This shouldn't have broken - needs investigation.

A while back, we agreed to add a feature to 2.0.5 (the implementation attribute).

The plugin plugin was updated to use the new tools and such. However, it also has a prereq of maven 2.0.5, so maven 2.0.4 and below which give this error should use the previous version of the plugin.

Are you saying that I need to use Maven 2.0.5 SNAPSHOT to build all plugins from now on?

I prefer to stay on the released version of Maven as long as possible, to make sure that I have the same environment as most users do. But I see the chicken-and-egg problem here.

If the plugin plugin has a prereq on Maven 2.0.5 shouldn't it give some sort of understandable error message to the user if he/she tries to run it with Maven 2.0.4, instead of just a stack trace?

What about using profiles for this?

I wonder if we should add the building of the plugins using the different releases of Maven to make sure that they keep the backwards compatability (Sorry, I do not have time to fix it :( ).

--
Trygve