Emmanuel,

I'm still not getting the plexus components to work, even after your latest commits. Is it working for you?

[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.maven.model.converter.Maven1Converter.execute(Maven1Converter.java:122) at org.apache.maven.maven1converter.PomV3ConvertMojo.execute(PomV3ConvertMojo.java:58) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:219) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
Hi,

I'm starting to migrate all the code from sandbox/plugins/maven-maven1-plugin to maven-model-converter with some modifications on plugin configuration converter loading.

Dennis, do you work actually on maven-maven1-plugin?

Oh sorry Emmanuel, I misread your mail the first time.

I will check out maven-model-converter and see what you have done.

yes, all the code is in maven-model-converter now. I need to merge it in maven 2.0.x branch, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

There only seems to be the mojo left in the sandbox. I will have a look at moving that to the maven-one-plugin and making it use the code that has now moved to maven-model-converter. OK?

The mojo is always in sandbox and we need to modify it, so it will use maven-model-converter, and yes, maven-one-plugin will be a better place for it.

I have gone ahead and changed the maven-maven1-plugin in the sandbox to use the code that is in maven-model-converter. But I can't get the plexus components to work any more. I get a NullPointerException when trying to access them:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] null
at org.apache.maven.model.converter.Maven1Converter.execute(Maven1Converter.java:114) at org.apache.maven.maven1converter.PomV3ConvertMojo.execute(PomV3ConvertMojo.java:58) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:219) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

One other thing that I have left on my todo list, besides the stuff I wrote about in the other mail, is to make the PluginConfigurationConverters into plexus components.

it's done :-)

Thanks!

I have some other stuff that is not yet committed. Will go through it and see how much there is and if it's ready to be checked in or not.

Would it be possible for me to get svn write access to maven-model-converter or do you prefer if I submit patches?

For the moment, you can send a patch and we'll see with the pmc if you can have access to maven-model-converter.

Emmanuel