question for anyone listening regarding project grouping and things
like notifiers and build definitions.

I am working through making a project group utility class for hiding
some of this kinda logic from the webapp actions and ran across a
little issue in terms of the model.

Using build definitions as an example, each build definition uses an
integer id that is the only test for equality in a .equals(object)
test.  Now when I am running through all of the projects in a project
group I would like to aggregate these guys together based on equality
in all fields other then the id because at the project group lvl they
should present as equal if their arguments and schedules are
identical.

Conversely when I am applying a build definition back to each of the
projects I would like to maintain that same build definition across
different projects.  This basically results in a slightly different
model being returned after aggregating and modifying equivalent build
definitions.

1) does anyone see this as a problem in handling it this way?  I could
proxy the equivalent build defintions somehow and maintain their
original build id's but that just seems silly to me given my current
understanding
2) would I be better off adding the ability to set build definitions
and notifiers to the ProjectGroup in the model and dealing with things
that way?

I think it is important to maintain this kinda individual notifiers
and build defintions on the project level for one off hacks and
special needs, but I see the natural evolution of project groups in
continuum making it much easier to influence those kinda things (build
definitions and notifiers) at the project lvl and having them
inherited by project members...

thoughts? answers? slap downs? :)

jesse