This should be solved by the stage/unstage mojos in the plugin-test plugin.
That's its only current purpose. It will stage a new plugin artifact into
the local repository, backing up what was there before, then clear the
pluginManager's cache of that plugin, in case it's been resolved already.
Unstaging (de-staging?) will restore the backed up data, and clear the cache
again.

-john

On 8/11/06, Kenney Westerhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vincent Massol wrote:

> Also, Kenney do you know if the it plugin can now be used to test a
plugin
> that is being built for the first time? I remember that I didn't
activate it
> on the clover plugin because it would work only if the clover plugin was
> installed in the local repository and this came after integration
testing.
> Thus you would always run it tests on the previous version of the plugin
> (looked up from the local repo). I think I had a jira issue for this.
I'm
> offline now but I'll try to dig it up if need be.

The following issue [1] should provide that: it was blocking the use of
the it plugin; once fixed, it worked fine. If the local repository
version of the plugin is used instead, then I suggest we re-open the
issue.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-870

-- Kenney