On 8/23/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/23/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are building with m2 there is no reason for the metadata not
> to be there. If the release plugin was used then the metadata would
> be there. How was this release made?

Shale and Struts both use a 'test build' stage where we tag and build
a distribution, then vote on it later.

We 'mvn deploy' to the snapshot repository, then vote on the release,
and then make a valiant attempt to get everything Maven needs moved
over to the ibiblio rsync repository.

With Carlos' help, the best I've come up with is documented here:
* http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Struts135ReleaseDiary

I'll have to dig up a couple of threads on repository@ and a recent
one here where Brett suggests that this 'build promotion' problem
could possibly be addressed in Archiva.

I just completed steps similar to what Wendy did with Struts 1.3.5, so it
should be ready to go.

Would a "quick and dirty" fix be just to allow the deploy-to URL be
overridden on the command line?  That way we could leave our POMs defaulting
to the test builds repository, and only the release manager would have to do
the extra deploy step.

Wendy

Craig