From: Marc Chételat ML [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:20 AM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: JSP precompiling with Weblogic 8.1

Hello all,

First of all, I m using maven 2.0.4.

After several days searching on the Web, I found nothing interesting
about JSPs precompilation for Weblogic 8.1.

Of course, we have the plugin jspc-maven-plugin, but unfortunately it
compiles only jsps for tomcat... with a dependency to tomcat 5.5. I
checked the plugin sources and it calls the JspC class from jasper.

First question, does there exist a weblogic.jspc plugin ? Or it is
planned for jspc-maven-plugin to support the weblogic ?

Other solution is to use an external ant task from maven like :

<configuration>
    <tasks>

        <echo message="Precompiling JSPs..." />
        <echo message="-d
${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF/classes -k
-g -compileAll -webapp
${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}" />
        <java failonerror="true" classname="weblogic.jspc" fork="yes">
            <arg line="-d
${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF/classes -k
-g -compileAll -webapp
${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}" />
            <classpath>
                <path refid="maven.test.classpath" />
                <path refid="maven.plugin.classpath" />
            </classpath>
        </java>
        <echo message="... done" />
    </tasks>
</configuration>

Second question, using standard directory layout what is the best way to
compile jsps with this external task? Currently jsps are under
/src/main/webapp/ with others files like images or html pages. But
should I move jsps under another directory, compile them with the ant
task and then copy them under /target folder ? Can somebody provide me
an example with folders used during the jsp precompiling process?

Thanks in advance for help!

Regards,
ML