Hi Kenney and others,

Background:
I added more tests for the antlr plugin. One of them is to call "mvn
site" to generate reports. Because I was unable to play with
maven-embedder and to specify the correct classloader for the archive
and it's dependencies (doxia classes problems!), I decided to call
directly maven in the command line. I am not plainly satisfied of this
approach and I worked on it yesterday after Stephane's thread.

So, Kenney told us about maven-it-plugin (I was not aware with it). I
defined it to call it\pom.xml in integration-test phase. This pom.xml
has in the <reporting/> section
     <plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-antlr-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </plugin>

If this plugin is not deployed first in the local repository, tests fail...

To run it sucessfully, I installed in pre-integration-test phase a new
IT artifact of maven-antlr-plugin with version 2.0-beta-2-it-SNAPSHOT.
Basically, it is maven-antlr-plugin-2.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT.jar deployed
as maven-antlr-plugin-2.0-beta-2-it-SNAPSHOT.jar [1]

In the it\pom.xml [2], I now call
     <plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-antlr-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.0-beta-2-it-SNAPSHOT</version> <<<< IT-SNAPSHOT
     </plugin>

All works a treat now and I could process more tests in the
post-integration-test phase :o)

My question is: Is there another way to test a current plugin version
with new mojos?

Thanks,

Vincent

[1] http://people.apache.org/~vsiveton/plugin-testing/pom.xml