On 11/3/06, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 04/11/2006, at 1:29 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> I found .../xsd after I wrote the original note.  If that's the
> correct place, then we can remove the ones directly under
> /www/maven.apache.org and add links to the actual files in .../xsd.

Sounds like a good idea. Redirects might be better too.

My only concern with redirects is whether validating editors (like
JEdit) will be able to follow them.  If so I'd agree that a permanent
redirect would be better.

> What about filename conventions?  Only 'maven' uses the
> v-and-underscores bit, (maven-v4_0_0.xsd) everything else is 'as
> generated', such as settings-1.0.0.xsd .

I prefer the latter.

Okay, I updated the instructions again
  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Development+Procedures

and published the v4 schema to
  http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd

If this is to be the official location and filename, we should change
the Maven poms and examples.

--
Wendy