Jason van Zyl wrote:
I don't remember a specific instance, but I'm sure there are some who would like them. Either way, we need to consider Fedora as a consumer of Maven and that they know what their users want, which apparently is Maven bundled with Fedora.

I doubt they have asked but I would be pleasantly surprised if the impetus was actually Maven users and not simply a desire to package Maven up on Redhat.

There are multiple projects that we develop on that use maven and need to go into distros. FWIW this makes use maven users that would really like to see maven work well with distros.

We also agree that usability is the key objective. That's exactly why we want to work out a solution and not distribute a modified version of maven just to satisfy our bootstrapping requirements.

--Rafael