You might take a look at the RPM plugin in the Mojo sandbox...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ole Ersoy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Developers List" <dev@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2006 4:38 PM
Subject: Request for Summary element in POM

Hi,

I'm in the process of releasing an RPM Spec generator
for the JPackage project, and noticed that there is a
description element in the pom, but no summary
element.

If a summary element were added it would make JPackage
spec generation more efficient, assuming various
projects would put both elements to use.

Can we add a summary element to the pom?

I think this would be a convienent element to have in the sense that description could now be more of a
detailed description and the summary...well a summary
:-)

I could put a JIRA in for this and update the xml
schema if this sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
- Ole