To: "Maven Developers List" <dev@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:20 AM
Subject: calling vote for 2.0.5

Hi,

I want to call a vote for 2.0.5. All the issues that are going to get done are done. We'll release and move on.

I would like to start building all releases from a standard machine with the same JDK. I would like to propose the maven.org machine which is monitored 24/7 running Linux. It serves as the central repository but can easily handle a few builds. They can be built from that machine and deployed to Apache. I think this is far better then each of us building stuff from our own machines and deploying.

Otherwise everything for 2.0.5 is ready to go.

I will also chop up what's in JIRA into some smaller versions as I think some micro releases for improvements and smaller changes is better then waiting 7 months for another release. If we schedule them out them people can decide whether they want to upgrade or not. But I know there are several things I would like to get in and I know that Mike/Ralph would like to get in MNG-1577 which we can squeeze into a 2.0.6 in a week or two. These are micro release.

Jason.