Brett Porter wrote:
We'd previously been trying to get things out of trunk (since sandbox stuff isn't released, or branched, or anything like that until it gets moved out).

Yup, I get that. But it would be convenient with the trunks externals.

I'm not sure if that config is possible, but could certainly go through listing them all out if it was preferable to do /maven/*/sandbox.

My preference was just to have one big sandbox for everything - no need to maintain the open permissions, externals, etc, and didn't see any advantage to splitting them.

Okay. The advantage would be that you don't have to duplicate the top level
projects in the sandbox. It's easy to find experimental stuff relating to
the project it's meant to be for - that is, if you have the trunks
checked out. For experimental scm's I'd go to trunks/scm/sandbox, for instance.

But 1 sandbox is fine too - for completeness I just wanted to propose an
alternative solution for the 2 reasons of consolidating them: cleaner acl,
cleaner externals.

Here's my vote then: +1.

-- Kenney

- Brett