Ralph, Mike,

Can you guys work in the /maven/sandbox on MNG-1577 so that when you think it's ready I can apply it to trunk and the branch? I think this would be the easiest way. I think we chatted briefly but on the branch the existing behaviour must be preserved with an option to turn on what we've deemed to be correct, and on the trunk it will be on by default.

I am working to make the integration tests dead simple to use and will be done by time you start working on the patch in the sandbox.

Jason.