Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
Jason van Zyl wrote:
Hi,

The entire release is staged here:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/maven-2.0.5/

The assemblies that people are interested in are staged here:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/maven-2.0.5/org/apache/maven/maven-core/2.0.5/

Here is the JIRA roadmap:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10500&fixfor=12294&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

That's about it. Play around with it, if there are things wrong and I'll fix stuff. We haven't released in so long there very well may be some problems.

We should probably let it sit until Tuesday as most folks won't try it out over the weekend.

I'm waiting until I've tried it out on my projects.

Testes and a serious bug was found. It seems that Maven tries to check for SNAPSHOT plugin updates on every run instead of the expected daily interval.

I've verified that it do check on every update by using truss (use strace on linux) on Solaris:

$ truss -t connect mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Unnamed - no.java.monitor:monitor-core:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
/1:     connect(8, 0xFFBFBAF4, 16, SOV_DEFAULT)         = 0
/1:     connect(7, 0xFFBFBD98, 16, SOV_DEFAULT)         = 0
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
/1:     connect(7, 0xFFBFBD80, 16, SOV_DEFAULT)         = 0
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
/1:     connect(9, 0xFFBFBD98, 16, SOV_DEFAULT)         = 0
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
/1:     connect(7, 0xFFBFBD80, 16, SOV_DEFAULT)         = 0
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
[INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING]
Artifact junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test retains local scope 'test' overriding broader scope 'compile' given by a dependency. If this is not intended, modify or remove the local scope.

So I'm -1 on this revision until this issue is resolved :'(

The issue was confirmed by other devs on IRC aswell.

--
Trygve