Hi again,

You could use the RegexBasedInterpolator class from plexus-utils.
Something like the following:

RegexBasedInterpolator interpolator = new RegexBasedInterpolator();
interpolator.addValueSource( new ObjectBasedValueSource( aProject ) );
interpolator.addValueSource( new MapBasedValueSource(
aProject.getProperties() ) );

String result = interpolator.interpolate( aStringWithInterpolatedProp,
"project" );

Cheers,

Vincent