maven.test.skip=true doesn't work either

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2206
could be the issue, but it's rather vague.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Kenney Westerhof schreef:

Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
[based on the almost latest m2.0.5 branch]

I have this profile in my pom.xml:

<profile>
  <id>development</id>
  <activation>
    <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
  </activation>
  <properties>
    <no.daisy.test>true</no.daisy.test>
    <maven.test.skip>${no.daisy.test}</maven.test.skip>
  </properties>
</profile>

So without my settings.xml "mvn install" doesn't run the tests.
But in my settings.xml I have a profile like this:

<profile>
  <id>daisy_1_5</id>
  <properties>
    <no.daisy.test>false</no.daisy.test>
  </properties>
</profile>

So now "mvn install" does run the tests.

However when I now try
  mvn -Dmaven.test.skip install

Try -Dmaven.test.skip=true.

If that fails, then you hit a known bug (search jira).

-- Kenney

The tests are still run,
while I expected my cmd line variable to overwrite my pom.xml and setting.xml properties.

Is this a known bug? or shall I file a jira (and in which component)?