On 12 Feb 07, at 2:49 PM 12 Feb 07, Daniel Kulp wrote:

On my sandbox branch, I now have all the logged issues with the
maven-remote-resources-plugin and the related apache-jar-resource- bundle now
fixed.   (List shown below)  (All but one logged by me.  :-) )

Since all known issues are fixed (once Jason merges my sandbox), should we start a release? Are the other issues in the backs of peoples minds that aren't logged yet that should be considered? If not, will someone volunteer
to do the release (I cannot since I don't have commit access to do the
tagging and such).

Next question: do these changes make it useful enough to rev from 1.0-alpha-1
to a beta state, or leave as alpha-2?

Once you go through two alphas without changing the configuration (really part of the api of the plugin) then I say it's safe to bump up to beta.

I've deployed new snapshots:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ apache-jar-resource-bundle/1.1-SNAPSHOT/ http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ maven/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/1.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT/
for people to try out.

Anyway, I have a couple projects that would like to depend on some of this.
Thus, the sooner we get a release, the better.    :-)

I can do a merge today and call a vote tomorrow. Everyone will use it and complain once we release it.

Jason.

Thanks!
Dan

** Bug
* [MRRESOURCES-1] - Index for resourceBundle error messages is wrong * [MRRESOURCES-3] - Plugin does not populate the projects needed for the
notices file
    * [MRRESOURCES-4] - If not resourceBundles specified (or element
miss-spelled) you get a NullPointerException
* [MRRESOURCES-5] - Uses hardcodes src/main/resources for location of
overriding resources
    * [MRRESOURCES-6] - Remote resources are not added to test jars
    * [MRRESOURCES-7] - Multiple <resourceBundle> entries are ignored
* [MRRESOURCES-10] - Generated eclipse projects complain about duplicated
resources

** New Feature
    * [MRRESOURCES-2] - Support an "append" mode for local resources
* [MRRESOURCES-8] - Should be able to pass additional properties into
velocity
* [MRRESOURCES-9] - For apache-jar-resource-bundle, would be nice to
optionally have license information in the NOTICE

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer